February’s Goals1. Get in a good exercise at least 3 days a week.
2. Write 6,000 words this month.
3. Tie up a lot of loose ends for random things.
4. Find at least one place to submit something to (whether or not that story is finished for submitting).
1. Not really. I tried to exercise, but some weeks I was super busy, some weeks I was just tired, and some weeks I had no excuse. I need to get back on this wagon.
2. 8,966. So I ended up almost 3,000 over my goal. I want to celebrate, but part of the success was writing over my lunch breaks, which will only work until spring, when I go on walks. However, it did give me a nice push on my shift story (which is only a few thousand from finished, I’d guess). And now I have a few stories fighting for next. It’s a lovely feeling.
3. Pretty much tied up things I needed to. I have on last item on my long-term to-do list. It’s not really a loose end, but it is on the check list. But otherwise cleaning this up helped a ton.
4. As I said before, this is on hiatus, I think. When I wrote the goal, I was in a different place in my head. I’m fine with having not done this. Focusing on #2 was more important.
So February went pretty well. It was super busy, but I still hit half my goals (more than, really). In fact, considering how much time I spent working, I’m surprised I did half as well as I planned. But now it’s March!
1. Write 6,000 words. I’m not upping the count yet. I want to see if I can get more than one month with goods word counts.
2. Do some level of physical activity every day (even if it’s just a 5-minute routine).
3. Do that final loose end that I need to do.
I think that’s it for March. I have busy weekends, #3 will take a good chunk, and the other two will involve a level of daily focus. Whew.